The Power of Prayer

THE POWER OF PRAYER

The Bible says, pray for them that despitefully use you, and persecute you. We must pray that God will forgive them. You will remember that Jesus prayed for those soldiers who crucified Him on the cross when He said, “Father, forgive them for they do not know what they do” (Luke 23:34). Jesus shows us the model on how we can love our enemies.

I remember a situation many years ago when a colleague of mine did me great hurt. It also hurt my church. My natural inclination was to just write him off and forget him forever. Instead, I took these verses to heart and placed him at the very top of my prayer list. Each day when I prayed I prayed for him first. At first I probably prayed with a wrong spirit, but I continued to do as Gods word commanded and gradually God began to change things. Today we are long-time friends.

As a pastor, leader or layperson you will many times come upon people that will disagree with you; many times angrily. Don’t retaliate, simply put them on your prayer list and wait for God to work. If it doesn’t help them it will surely help you. You can’t pray and stay bitter for long.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square