A pioneer in distance education
LBU has one of the largest selection of courses; over 250
courses in Bible, Education, Counseling and Communications.
LBU offers five educational disciplines:
of Biblical Studies
School of Communications
School of Counseling
School of Christian Education
While LBU is conservative in tradition we are progressive
in 21st century learning practices.
Louisiana Baptist University was founded for the purpose of providing a quality education in a Christian atmosphere. The University endeavors to provide sound learning experiences so that the students can obtain the knowledge, skill, and understanding required for success in their professional field. The objectives and purpose of this institution further stated are:
a) To provide courses of instruction in a Christian atmosphere, through on-campus classes, regularly scheduled workshops, and a quality nonresident program using qualified faculty mentors, by which persons of both sexes and diverse backgrounds may be taught in such branches of useful and practical knowledge as shall fit them for professions requiring applied knowledge in the arts and sciences, ministry and other branches of knowledge.
b) To train Christian workers for Christian service through a Christ-centered program of traditional Judeo-Christian education.
c) To properly train individuals for specific Christian service, both full and part-time.
d) To offer and grant degrees which are approved by the Board of Trustees, upon the completion of a program of rigorous, required courses, to facilitate instruction and conduct examinations.
e) To provide social, academic, and psychological guidance and counseling in a Christian perspective.
f) To engage in other lawful activities normally performed by institutions of higher education in the United States and for which corporations may be formed under the Non-Profit Corporation Law of Louisiana.
The University’s mission is to provide rigorous high quality academic study for experienced professionals. It builds upon professional and personal competence and seeks to enhance that competence through scholarly inquiry and constantly improving ministerial and professional practice.
In this era of continuing education with its positive emphasis on continuing development, it is necessary to continue personal and professional growth to serve more effectively in an educated society and global community. Our commitment is to provide meaningful lifetime learning.
In order to meet those needs the University seeks to:
- Create alternative postsecondary, graduate level opportunities for pastors, counselors, missionaries, evangelists, and other Christian professionals.
- Offer nonresident studies comparable to resident programs through the tutorial supervision of qualified faculty mentors.
- Enable experienced, mid-career, self-motivated ministers and other professionals to earn advanced degrees without leaving their present ministries and professional settings.
- Enhance professional competency by providing relevant, practical, advance learning opportunities and the application of biblical and theological principles in the Judeo-Christian tradition.
- To integrate and build upon the experiences available to the adult student who serves in a local ministerial assignment or other profession as a competent, practicing professional.
LBU is an affiliate institution of the Association for Biblical Higher Education. As such, it participates in and contributes to collegial and professional development activities of the association. Affiliate status does not, however, constitute, imply, or presume ABHE accredited states at present or in the future. (ABHE)
LBU is chartered by the State of Louisiana Board of Regents.
LBU is an approved school of the Baptist Bible Fellowship International. (BBFI)
a member school of the Association of Christian Schools International. (ACSI)
Contact us | View site map